About the job
Tamarix Capital Partners II, L.P. (“TCP II”) is a provider of debt and equity to support growing U.S. lower middle market companies including recapitalizations, leverage buyouts, growth capital and corporate restructurings. TCP II seeks to provide capital to companies with between $3 million to $15 million of EBITDA, and $10 million to $100 million of revenue. TCP II is a closed end SBIC investment fund that manages over $250 million of private capital.
TCP II is seeking to fill an Associate or Senior Associate position in New York City with a motivated individual looking to be an active part of a nimble, entrepreneurial, team-oriented investment firm. Successful candidates will be engaged in a variety of responsibilities.
- Analysis of potential investment opportunities
- Fundamental credit analysis of a broad range of companies and industries
- Financial statement analysis and financial modeling of portfolio companies and potential investment opportunities
- Assistance in development of actionable private credit & equity transactions up and down the capital structure, with a primary focus on direct lending
- Support the team in the underwriting, documentation, & closing of investment opportunities.
- Preparation of investment committee materials and presenting investment opportunities to investment committee
- Monitoring of portfolio investments
- Maintain up-to-date tracking and covenant compliance models
- Analysis of deal terms and covenant structures
Candidate must have a minimum of three years of relevant experience in lower middle market private credit, leveraged lending, private equity or investment banking.
Candidates should embody TCP II’s core values, in particular: integrity, a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a commitment to teamwork and excellence. This candidate will display an enthusiasm and curiosity for investing, a strong understanding of fundamental financial and business analysis, and ability to dissect financial models. Candidate must possess a solid grasp of financial concepts and cash flow; exceptional written, interpersonal, and communication skills; attention to detail; and a maturity that enables the candidate to contribute to a collaborative and constructive work environment. Candidate should demonstrate good investment instincts, raw analytical horsepower and finance, accounting and modeling skills. It is essential for a candidate to be a self-starter and motivated, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work both independently and within teams.