About the job
Five Points Capital: Founded in 1997, Five Points Capital (“FPC”) is a leading independent private debt and equity manager, exclusively focused on the U.S. lower middle market. Our strategy is focused on supporting the capital needs of private, growth-oriented companies. We provide flexible unitranche, second lien, and subordinated debt solutions with equity co-investment in support of private equity firms, independent sponsors, direct lending partners, and management teams. We build value, ensure financing certainty, and provide incremental capital to support growth within these partnerships. For more information: www.fivepointscapital.com.
Job Title: Associate (full time)
Position: Member of the investment team responsible for new deal execution and portfolio support and monitoring
Investment Focus: Debt and equity co-investments in support of lower middle market companies
Fund Strategy: Actively investing out of Fund IV, a 2021 vintage $350 million fund. Invest ~$100 million per year in a mix of debt and equity securities with a targeted debt/equity allocation of 80%/20%. In certain situations, we will invest more significant equity with debt/equity allocations upwards of 50%/50% in more actively managed opportunities.
Projected Start Date: Summer 2024
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Compensation: In line with market and commensurate with professional background
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following
- Evaluating potential investments
- Conducting business and industry due diligence
- Performing financial modeling and analysis
- Drafting investment memoranda
- Leading portfolio management, including monitoring financial performance, maintaining financial models, updating quarterly valuations, and evaluating add-on acquisition opportunities
- Participating in business development, including marketing and fundraising initiatives
- Assisting with various organizational and strategic projects
Qualifications: Including but not limited to the following
- One to three years of post-undergraduate work experience in the fields of investment banking, accounting, finance, private equity, private credit, or consulting
- College degree with superior academic track record
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance, including debt and equity capital structures
- Proven financial modeling and analytical capabilities
- Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented atmosphere, but with the capacity for self-directed work
Work Environment: We work in small deal teams that vary for each transaction. Associate will have direct exposure to senior investment professionals. FPC presents an opportunity for broad investment experience supporting private equity sponsors and working directly with management teams.
Submit resumes via email to email@example.com.